Current Garden Opportunities
Adopt-a-Bed: The Chinatown Community Garden has raised planter beds to be adopted. When you adopt a bed in the Garden you can grow produce for yourself, family and friends. Download and complete Adopt a Bed form and submit to Garden Staff.
When you adopt-a-bed you receive for free:
• One 4’x8’ raised planter bed
• Soil and compost for your bed
• Use of water and tools to care for your bed
• Advice and assistance when needed from Garden staff
• A variety of seeds to choose from to plant in your bed
When you adopt-a-bed, your responsibilities are to:
• Read, agree to, sign and follow the Garden Volunteer Guidelines and Rules
• Maintain your bed on a regular basis. Visit your bed at least once a week to care for it.
• Volunteer at least two hours a month in the Garden.
Volunteer: The Garden is largely maintained by volunteers from CSUMB, Volunteer Center, United Way, and CalWorks. Volunteer hours available are Tuesdays through Friday from 9:00am to 4:00pm.
To learn about up-and-coming events in the Garden ask to be on the Garden’s email list.
Learn to Garden!
Aside from the day to day opportunities to volunteer at the Garden, we also take part in a number of National and International Service Days! If you would like to know more or get involved with the next service day, contact the Garden Coordinator at [email protected]
Make a Difference Day: October 25th, 2014
For over 20 years, Make a Difference Day has brought communities together through their shared passion of service. In partnership with CSUMB, the Chinatown Community Garden has presented an opportunity for community members enjoy taking part in this national day of service.